My Blog List

Thursday 3 October 2013

Ethiopia Seventh day - 03/10/13 otherwise known as 23/01/2006 in Ethiopia!

Too tired to blog much today, it was jam packed. After breakfast headed over to the grade school to give out water on the street to show everyone the school has clean water (you can't drink the tap water here).

After this I helped out with some reading, maths in grade four and three, then taught a basic computer lesson to grade four. Soon it was off to lunch - twenty minutes walk back in the midday sun along the busy dusty road. After that I headed to the other school to enjoy the company of the nursery and KG students, who were all sleeping when I arrived. They soon woke up when I got my camera out though!




We did a bit of number line maths in the KG class and then it was home time! So I set off for the guest house and had a relaxing shower before nipping down to Stephanie and Dawit's house to watch Shrek the Third with the children.
THINGS I LEARNT TODAY:
Children of any age can enter any class in Ethiopia (for example a ten year old in first grade), but if they are between 16-18, they tend to go to night class.
Pretty much anyone will stop for free, clean water!

No comments:

Post a Comment